Northern Metalic Lubricants is a division of Northern Metalic who opened their first store in 1954 in Dawson Creek, BC – Mile O of the Alaska Highway. Prior to a physical store, the business involved a small band of intrepid salesmen who traveled the newly constructed Alaska Highway peddling tires and supplies. The road was really bad… which meant the tire business was pretty good!
Our story began in 1968 in Grande Prairie when Al Side expanded the operation in Dawson Creek to move into Alberta. Since then, the company has experienced dramatic growth and diversification, change and adaptation. And in the tradition of selling tires to drivers braving the Alaska Highway, Northern Metalic has built the business on identifying needs and providing solutions. One of those solutions has been to take onboard the Chevron Brand for its Lubricants products. Later aquiring the Klondike and BioBlend lubricants lines. This has grown from being more than product lines for Northern Metalic but becoming a full division servicing Northern Alberta and Northern Metalic Lubricants and serving northern and central British Columbia, including 8 locations.